Nicola South Student number: 514516
REFLECTIONS ON FORMATIVE FEEDBACK
TUTOR REPORT:OCA South feedback ass 4 critical review
I enjoyed the video feedback session which led from assignment 4 critical review to my ideas for assignment 5 and my progress on assignment 6.
Reflections on tutor feedback:
- I was pleased that it was recognised that I’d used a breadth of sources to structure my argument as I did spend a lot of time researching and immersing myself in the subject.
- I was pleased that I had chosen what I thought might be a challenging subject as by doing this I have learnt and gained confidence about the work of these practitioners.
- I explored with my tutor whether it was okay, as I had, to conclude that I didn’t completely “get” the work of a renowned photographer; it was good to have it underlined that its okay to have an personal emotional response to art and be honest about my opinion. I was also introduced to the word “slippage” a post-modern term.
Following the feedback session I made the following action points:
- Check requirements for the submission of essays should it be double spaced?
- Change one sentence in the essay highlighted by my tutor, which I can see is rather clumsy and lacks clarity.
- Re reread my essay before my submission.
- Follow up my interest in Minor White and his contemporaries by researching contemporary photographers that they have influenced.
- Remember to write in my journal frequently in real time.
- Continue to have the confidence to express my opinions and carry out my own ideas.